Happy 4th of July week everyone! This week I partnered with my pals Christina and Chelsey of Posh Pair to bring you a very special double feature blog post! Posh Pair is one of my favorite blogs to follow because they touch on food, fitness, fashion and everything in between! I can honestly say that Posh Pair is one of the handfuls of blogs that I subscribe to – as in, I have signed up for their emails every time they publish a blog post! Have you signed up?! What are you waiting for?! : ) Sign up to receive weekly email updates from This Chick Eats Clean by entering your email on the right where it says ‘Get This Chick’! And then head on over to Posh Pair and sign up for their emails! What I love about them is that they do a weekly recap email so if you missed a blog post on Facebook during the week, you’re sure to catch it by the week’s end.
In the summer, especially during holidays, such as the 4th of July, it can be difficult to stick to your clean eating routine and maintain a consistent schedule with your workout – whatever workout it is that you fancy! Posh Pair and I fancy Pure Barre. BUT, Posh Pair is also a fitness power duo of ladies that train and take part in NPC Bikini Competitions! They certainly know what they’re talking about when it comes to a good fitness regimen!
The kitchen is where flat abs are made! Check out today’s Sunshine salad for a healthy, green and clean recipe to make during these summer months. Eat it just the way it is for a well-rounded vegetarian meal, omit the egg and replace with garbanzo beans for a vegan meal, or, add your favorite protein for a carni meal! Then, check out Posh Pair’s 6 Workouts for Flat Abs and get cookin’! While flat abs are made in the kitchen, we’re not telling you to get on the floor in front of the oven and start your planks. Although you can if you’d like! It might be enticing to push up in a plank to catch peek of whatever you have going on in the oven. Eat this healthy nutrient packed salad and then hit the ground running! Or planking….
xo, This Chick
This clean and fresh salad can be for 2-4 people depending on if you use it as a meal or a starter dish. For vegans, omit the hardboiled egg and add garbanzo beans. For carnivores, add your favorite protein. I added crumbled veggie burger and was in absolute foodie heaven! xo, This Chick
- 1 cup uncooked israeli couscous
- 1-2 heirloom tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 14 oz. black beans
- 1 ear of corn, cooked (I wrapped mine in a damp paper towel and microwaved for 5 minutes!)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 handful of pepitas
- mixed baby greens
- Prepare the israeli couscous according to package instructions.
- While the couscous cooks, chop the heirloom tomatoes and avocado. Prepare the corn and then remove from the cob. Remove the shells from the hard boiled eggs and chop Place a bed of mixed baby greens on a serving plate (or an entire plate for yourself!)
- Place the cooked couscous at the bottom of the plate, like the center of the sun. Then line up each ingredient like a ray of the sun! Use your choice of dressing. I prefer a light ranch or balsamic with this salad.