Happy New Year, my friends! We closed the door to 2014 and welcomed 2015 with arms wide open last night. Ringing in the New Year is always a great time to reflect and devise your plan for 2015. It’s a perfect way to start fresh – new year, new you. Get that gym membership you were thinking about, clean out the pantry of any highly processed foods, or expired items, make it a point to eat clean in the new year!
As I sit here watching Marty McFly on Back to the Future (there’s a marathon on ABC Family today!), I think about how we don’t have a time machine like Doc Brown and Marty. We can’t go back and redo the things we wish we had done differently. But we do continue to move forward into the future. Did you know that the year on the time machine in Back to the Future II is October 21st, 2015? I can’t wait to see all the Facebook newsfeed posts on that day in the upcoming year!
As we head forward into the future, make a conscious effort to change your eating habits and choose a cleaner diet. Your body will thank you Kick start your day with This Chicks Egg Breakfast. No processed foods on this plate!
What are your New Years resolutions?!
xo, This Chick
- olive oil spray
- 1 egg
- 1 bell pepper (wide bodied pepper works best)
- 1 banana, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 avocado
- Slice your bell pepper into 1/4 inch thick round slices. This way if you have an oops when pouring the egg, you have more slices to try again, OR, if you've mastered the egg, then you have a healthy mid-morning snack with the leftover slices!
- Place the banana onto your plate along with slices of the avocado. I like to sprinkle cracked pepper on my avocado.
- Spray a pan with olive oil spray and turn the heat to medium high. Lay one pepper slice on the pan and let it sit for a minute.
- Crack the egg directly into the center of the pepper, or crack it into a bowl and then pour it into the center of the pepper. Let it cook to your desired doneness. Salt and pepper to taste!