Remember the overnight oat fad? It may still be around at full strength, but I prefer overnight oats in the Fall and Winter. I love ‘fix it and forget it’ meals… and I refer to them as Overnighters! Breakfast is really not my favorite meal…. the usual breakfast foods like omelets, toast, cereal, etc, just don’t do it for me. BUT, I was super excited to wake up this morning and eat this delightful little overnighter!
It totally reminds me of Bestie’s Mom, Liz. Back in the day when Liz lived here in Arizona, she was always talking about Chia seeds. She’s a smart cookie! Chia seeds are a popular superfood that provide health benefits such as protein, fiber, calcium, antioxidants and omega-3s! (See you can have your omega-3s without eating eggs for breakfast!) Boom! Anyways, when I think of chias, I think of Liz, and then I smile : )
This Banana Cream Chia delight is like a healthy pudding that you can have for breakfast! Or you could have it for dessert! It has great flavor and I love the bites with bananas and toasted coconut! In fact, after the photo shoot, I ate the dish on the left and added more banana and coconut ; )
This is a fantastic vegan dish – I’m sure Vegan Ashley is already prepping it in her kitchen! I’m not going to provide a carnivorous modification for this recipe because I think banana cream chia and sausage would be weird….. as would banana cream chia and smoke salmon. Don’t you think? ; )
Thanks again for the 1,000 likes for my birthday! It was a special day! Have a great week everyone!
xo, This Chick
- 3 bananas, divided
- 13.5 fl oz. coconut cream (can or box)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Put 2 bananas, coconut cream, almond milk and vanilla extract in a blender. Blend well.
- Pour into a jar or bowl for storing and stir in the chia seeds. Store in the fridge overnight.
- To serve, spread the coconut flakes in a toaster oven/smart oven, and toast for about 2 minutes or until they start to brown on the edges (your nose will know!)
- Cut the third banana into slices to put over the individual servings and top with some toasted coconut flakes. Should make about 3 servings. (Or I just overindulged and should make 4 servings!)