What I am about to share with you will blow your
mind taste buds! I totally love everything I make in the kitchen, but sometimes I create something and it just comes together so perfectly! Perfect in flavor and color and nutrition. And as a simple home cook, not a trained chef, the various flavors that go together are not always that apparent to me. So when it works, it’s a home run! The flavors in this dish are just wonderful!
Now that I’m off the road from business travel for the season, it means I’m in lock down! I’m working every day of the week, and many many hours of the day. But, remember that I work from home, so it’s not bad at all. I actually enjoy it in a crazy way! Call me a workaholic. So I don’t have a whole lot of spare time in the day or the night, and have to keep this post short and sweet.
I created this MJB (Mango Jicama Blueberry) Quinoa Arugula Salad on Sunday so that I can eat it throughout the week for lunch and keep me satisfied and energized! I’m just positive you will love it. It’s so fresh! Feel free to add your favorite protein to make it a carnivorous meal. It’s currently a vegan recipe, but I’ve been adding some feta throughout the week. Let me know what you think!!
xo, This Chick
- 1 medium sized jicama
- 3 mangoes
- 8 oz blueberries
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 5 oz arugula (the plastic clamshells will work)
- 10 leaves fresh mint
- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Finely dice the jicama, mango and mint. In a very large serving bowl, combine the arugula, jicama, blueberries, mango and mint. Add the quinoa after it has cooled.
- In a dressing bottle (I used a small mason jar), combine the ingredients for the dressing. I would only add the dressing to each serving so that the arugula doesn't wilt throughout the week.