Hey friends! I’m so excited to tell you about this new recipe I whipped up, literally, in the kitchen this morning! I’ve recently learned that I’m not taking in enough calories per day to aid in losing weight (we all put some on over the holidays…. you know what I’m saying!) with the amount that I’m working out. It’s all about a caloric deficit, and eating clean ; )
Eggs are an amazing source of everything good for you. Perfect place to snag your protein. And avocados… well…. in my mind they’re king of protein and ‘good’ fats! Did you know they’re also called an Alligator Pear? Silly little buggers. Your first meal upon rising should be nutrient packed and give you the fuel you need to start the day on the right foot (or the left?).
I also want to tell you about Flavor God! Holy cheese and rice these spices/seasonings are one of a kind and absolutely delicious! There are four flavors: Everything, Spicy Everything, Lemon Garlic and Garlic Lovers. They are made fresh right here in the good ol’ USA, they are vegan, gluten free, low salt, and do not contain sugar, MSG or any other additives. They are not sold in stores and this super cool guy creates them! When I added the Lemon Garlic to my Avocado Scrambled Eggs this morning, a whole new kind of magic came of those eggs. Flavor packed and delicious! Head on over to flavorgod.com and check them out! I promise you, you will not be disappointed! And follow them on instagram and you’ll see some amazing photos of recipes made with Flavor God spices as well as meal prep ideas for you fitness junkies!
xo, This Chick
This is a perfect breakfast for a party of 1!
- 1 Tbsp butter (Earth Balance is my choice!)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 Tsp Flavor God's Lemon Garlic
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Whisk the eggs, milk and Flavor God's Lemon Garlic in a bowl.
- Heat the butter in a sauté pan on medium high to coat the pan. Pour in the egg mixture and wait a few seconds until the edges start to bubble and then begin pushing the edges inward with a spatula, allowing the unset eggs from the center to leak out.
- Continue pushing until the eggs are slightly scrambled and sitting all together in the middle, no more leakage. Add the avocado on top and then lightly fold in and around the scrambled eggs.
- Transfer to a plate and top with a little bit of crushed red pepper flakes and Flavor God's Lemon Garlic.