Yes, This Chick has taken a good 6 month hiatus. January through June are quite busy at work – – and by that I mean, busier than Times Square on New Year’s Eve. So now that June is wrapping up, here I am sneaking in a recipe that I have been making over and over for about a month or two that I just can’t wait to share with you! The beauty of this Delicate Dijon Halibut is that it takes 2 minutes to prepare the Delicate Dijon, and 22 minutes to cook the Halibut. It’s uber easy and there is virtually zero mess since you prepare the Delicate Dijon in a small bowl. This makes the Delicate Dijon Halibut a perfect weeknight meal that is heavy in macros and a light dish. It won’t weigh you down all night! Check out the new addition to the recipe section: nutrition facts! Woop woop! (Thank you myfitnesspal for allocating nutrition facts to my creations!)
This light delicate fish is a perfect quick weeknight meal. Pairs nicely with lemon spritzed broccoli topped with lemon pepper or spinach noodles tossed with olive oil, lemon juice and lemon pepper. Great summer dish!
- 1/2 pound of halibut, boneless, skinless
- 1 Tbsp veganaise
- 1 Tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tsp citrus horseradish (or regular horseradish)
- 1 Tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp garlic+herb breadcrumbs (plus a couple pinches extra, set aside)
- 1 Tsp grated parmesan cheese (plus a couple pinches extra, set aside)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a bit of olive oil spray.
- Mix the veganaise, mustard, horseradish, lemon juice in a small bowl. Then stir in the breadcrumbs and parmesan. Place the halibut on the baking sheet and then spread the mixture over the top of the filet. Sprinkle the extra pinches of the breadcrumbs and parmesan on top.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes depending on the thickness of the halibut. It should be flaky when fully cooked. I also like to broil for the last minute to brown the top a little bit.
- Serve with a side of broccoli spritzed with lemon juice and lemon pepper or spinach noodles tossed with olive oil, lemon juice and lemon pepper. Enjoy!
Carbs 6.5g Protein 34.5g