This is it! This is Thanksgiving week! As you hit the grocery stores and long lines to buy all your trimmings for the turkey and your sides, pop some extra yams in your cart for this beautiful and delicious side dish! I have found that yam are actually sweeter and yummier than sweet potatoes. My Rosemary Spinach Yam Stackers are sure to be a favorite, and they’re fun to make! Get out your muffin tins! Have a beautiful Thanksgiving holiday.
xo, This Chick
- 2-3 yams (I used regular yams as well as purple yams!), scrubbed and sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- Preheat the oven to 375. Lightly spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and coconut oil in a small sauce pan. In a large bowl, combine the parmesan, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper. Whisk in the butter and coconut oil. Lightly coat each yam slice all over within the large bowl.
- Layer the slices in the muffin tin, alternating with a spinach leaf or two between each slice, smaller slices closer to the bottom of the tin so that the larger slices fit in the wide opening at the top. These will shrink in the oven. (And your kids will have no idea the spinach is in there.)
- Bake for 50 minutes or so, until the yams are golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tin. Top with extra rosemary and parmesan cheese.